Your blog should be your worker just as much as your employees. As a matter of fact, your blog should be one of your best-performing employees, if not the hardest working employee.
It is up 24/7, representing your entire brand, and if you did it right – those keywords are bringing in traffic to your site via organic searches, and most of all, your blog is entertaining and informative to everyone who views your site.
There is a very good set of practices to follow on a company blog and it’s no small coincidence that they are identical to being a good human worker.
Here are a few quick Do’s and Don’ts.
- Do share information about your services, products, and company in the blog
- Do update with pictures of your team
- Do update your blog daily. It’s the same as showing up to work
- Do offer a way for people to subscribe for more updates
- Do ask for input from your readers
- Do include a call to action in every post
- Don’t trash your competitors in your blog, ever
- Don’t stop posting every day once you start
- Don’t be negative. It will drive people away faster than the speed of sound
- Don’t write posts that are just ads. No one cares about or likes ads unless they do not feel like ads
Think of your blog as one of your best and most motivated employees. It is the first and foremost way many, if not most potential customers, become acquainted with your brand. Let’s face the facts, the majority of people will simply Google your company and they need to see you in your best light, right? It’s important that there is no failure in your representation.
In the same way, you might tell a customer that is unsure about making a purchase, the perks of using your service or product that will drive a sale, your blog can do that job plus including the potential to reach millions of more people. Make sure the information is just sitting there waiting to be glared at.
Take a step back and take a good and honest look at your blog. If it’s just a place you post irregularly and you have absolutely no CTA, your blog isn’t being utilized to its maximum potential. Scale up your blogging efforts and you’ll see an immense increase in your traffic and sales.
No time to market or feel overwhelmed? Call Horizon Marketing to get help to succeed in the confusing world of ‘online’ or ‘digital’ marketing. We focus our efforts exclusively on Internet marketing in order to give you the best Return On Investment possible. Call (310) 734-1493 Ext. 1 Now and request your Free Web and SEO analysis